Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tiny Subversions - Developer Blog

When I first started this blog my target audience was entrepreneurs, particularly those interested in '2.0' ideas, user-created content and community-powered web services in general.

In time though it has evolved to something much less precise. This blog is now just a brain dump of elements that interest me. Community and web services still appear from time to time, but I also write occasionally about the actual industry I work in (shocker!).

The great benefit of writing about games and game development is that I seem to attract the occasional developer to the site. Just a short while ago one such developer, Darius Kazemi dropped by and left a comment on my post from last week re: Bowmaster Prelude. Darius has a Blog called Tiny Subversions. A quick search through his site revealed Darius to be the author of "The Big Man On Campus: Effective Networking in the Game Industry" (link and link).

Is it okay for me to say that I'm impressed? I read and liked the article in the career guide (yes, even though I'm in the industry, I still like to read what others have to say about breaking into game development) so find it serendipitous that Darius would then visit my blog.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just spent part of my lunch break reading the first few articles in the networking series. They offer some great advice on things I've never even thought about before =)

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ben, I'm glad you like my networking articles. Funny story: we have a new guy here at work who is senior to me but it's his first game industry job. He came into my office to tell me that my article in the Game Career Guide was what tipped his decision to enter the game industry!

I happen to like your random industry scuttlebutt posts.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home